Professional Consultancies and Engagements
Projects that Vincent has worked on include the Regulation of Bullion Market Activities in Singapore, the Southeast Asia Disaster Risk Insurance Facility (“SEADRIF”) and the World Bank’s Doing Business Report (2019 to 2021) (as regional contributor).
Professional Training and Presentations
Vincent is a co-chair of the 2021 SMU David R. Tillinghast Global Digital Taxation Conference. He is a regular speaker at conferences and workshops, having presented in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Italy. Vincent also regularly organises conferences and seminars, having worked with organisation such as the International Fiscal Association, Singapore Institute of Accredited Tax Professionals, SMU Law Academy, SMU-TA Centre for Excellence in Taxation, and the Cambridge Tax Discussion Group.
- “Taxation of Digital Tokens in Singapore”, (Taxes and Investments in the Post-Pandemic World, Tax Academy of Singapore, Singapore, 3 September 2021)
- “Family Offices, Private Trust Companies and Trust Integrity Issues: Problems and Solutions”, (Asian Wealth and the Global Context, School of Law, Singapore Management University, 1-2 August 2019) (With Chan Ee Lin)
- “Indirect Taxation in Singapore in the Global Digital Economy”, (5th Asia Pacific Conference: Taxation of the Global Digital Economy in the Asia Pacific Region, International Fiscal Association, University of Melbourne, Australia, 17-19 June 2019)
- “The New Singapore Variable Capital Company: Funds, Taxation and Moving Forward”, (School of Law, Singapore Management University, 13 March 2019) (With Ow Kim Kit)
- “Digital Economy Taxation”, (SMU Law Academy, Singapore Management University, 25 January and 1 February 2019) (With Sam Sim and Liu Hern Kuan)
- “ABSD and the ACD Issues in Real Estate Transactions”, (Rockwills Professional Series Estate Planning Forum 2018, Carlton Hotel Ballroom, 3-4 October 2018) (With Liu Hern Kuan)
- “Stamp Duties in Singapore: Scope and Application of the Stamp Duties Act”, (Tan Peng Chin LLC, 2 February 2018) (With Liu Hern Kuan)